All I want for Christmas is a new stapler…
Well it’s CHRISTMAS EVE….1 MORE SLEEP!!! Which is equivalent to 13 hours, or 836 minutes – not that I’m counting or anything. While it’s the time of year that we all go crazy buying gifts for the loved ones on our list, it’s a great time to slow down and take a mental check of your organization in your home office and business life.
While many people running a company have a desk or work space at their work place, a home office is so often forgotten about, but an essential piece of your success. It doesn’t have to be something fancy, just functional. Here are a few small things that will go a long way:
- A simple desk: Doesn’t have to be huge, just something big enough to hold your equipment on and leave you a little work space.
- A comfy chair: Whether you are going to spend all day or just an hour in your office a good chair is important. Your body will thank you.
- A computer or laptop: Have your desktop set up, or even just a spot for your laptop if you have one.
- Printer and/or scanner: Something simple yet functional when you need it.
- Stationary: Visit staples and get some pens, paper, note pads…this is where some go crazy!
This doesn’t mean you have to give up your “office in the car”, or jump into the “work from home” category. This just means on days you can’t make it to the office, or you forgot to email a document to a client you can get everything done in the comfort of your own home. Even doing all of this in your pajamas if you want.
Don’t forget about the financial perks of having a home office. Come that wonderful time of year called “tax season” there are many write offs to take advantage off. Talk to your Virtual Assistant today about the fine print details.
It’s not too late to ask Santa for a printer, his credit is good at Staples!